Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My newest project - a ladybug aka doodlebug of course

I have been making ladybugs for over 17 years now because we started calling our grandchildren doodlebugs and using the ladybugs as their symbol.  Now we have 6 doodlebugs.  I have made many patterns but my simple standby in all sizes is from Ross Butler's inspiration.  He was 17 at the time and taught me the "dead spider" split ring.  I added complicated black dots because it is just in me to try to imitate nature.  Anyway, long story long, I have gone back this week to adding black beads and a string to make them faster and to make them for the SC State Fair.  These I can make quickly.  The only problem is that they seem to fly away instead of going into the State Fair bucket!

Here is my finished product:

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I can't wait to see them and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I can't wait to see them and you!

    ReplyDelete