Friday, October 22, 2010

Flower #3- The Thornwell Ladies' flower

As I continued working on the flowers, Jerry and I got to go up near Lake Jochasee for the weekend with the Thornwell folks. We always have such a good time with them....and work together a lot. Anyway, these ladies as so special to me and know about my love of tatting. As the weekend went on they would comment about my progress on the 3rd block. They always appreciate the tatting that I show and share with them. Anyway, as I was reflecting on many things while in the mountains I wrote in my Gratitude Journal how grateful I am for my friends. As I was thinking about the uniqueness of each person, it reminded me of the flower circles of color that make up each of these blocks and thus as I continue the blocks I am going to keeping adding some special blocks. I already have thread for the next 2 blocks- Riet's stained glass flowers and Bonnie's special discontinued thread.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a runner and it is so pretty, love the colours that you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be totally awesome when finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and looks wonderful so far!

    Am I correct that you have to cut and tie each flower, including each yellow one? And, of course you have to pay attention to all the joins! I'm wondering how much thread is required for each flower.

    It certainly will be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete